Call us from 6-9 am at 712-224-1013 for a chance to win!
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN OR CLAIM PRIZE.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS BEING CONDUCTED ON PARTICIPATING POWELL BROADCASTING STATIONS IN SIOUX CITY IOWA. THERE WILL BE ONE $500 WINNER, CHOSEN FROM ALL FIVE STATIONS, AWARDED ON FRIDAY NOVEMBER 27, 2020.
EACH TEXT MESSAGE, SENT OR RECEIVED, MAY INCUR A CHARGE AS PROVIDED IN YOUR RATE PLAN. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
1. ELIGIBILITY. This Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the entrant’s state of residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry (“Entrant”).
If you are not a legal resident of the United States or you are not the required age as of time of entry, you are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes or to win a prize. Employees, contractors, officers and directors of Powell Broadcasting, its affiliates, parent company, subsidiaries, and the Radio Stations, and their respective spouses regardless of where they reside, or households (whether related or not) of any of the above individuals are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or win the prize.
Void where prohibited by law.
2. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on NOVEMBER 25, 2020 at 5:00:00 a.m. CST and ends at 2:00 p.m. CST on NOVEMBER 27 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The winner will be announced on each participating station during the 5:00 p.m. hour on Friday, NOVEMBER 27.
How to Play: Throughout the Sweepstakes Period each day promos will air giving instructions on how to enter. Stations will be accepting entries by text, email, or call-ins.
Limit: One (1) entry per person/phone number/email address per Designated Playtime, per station, regardless of method of entry. No other entry methods or
forms of entry are valid. Once an entrant is selected as a Semi-Finalist via any of the entry method above, he/she cannot achieve additional entries into the Grand Prize Drawing
3. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be one (1) prize winner selected at random from ten semifinalists also chosen at random from each participating station from the designated contest period.
Entries are subject to any applicable restrictions or eligibility requirements listed herein. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email or telephone phone number submitted at the time of entry and qualification. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Powell Broadcasting is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. No other forms of entry are valid.
Prize: One $500 paid to the winner in the form of a check.
The prize must be fulfilled in the name of the designated winner. A winner is not a recipient of a prize until he/she has been verified and if the winner is unable to become verified then the winner will automatically be disqualified and an alternate winner will be chosen.
Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received by the five participating Powell Broadcasting Stations: KSCJ, KSUX, KKMA, KKYY, and KQNU.
5. PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited, by accepting a prize, the winner grants the Station(s) permission to use their names, characters, images, voices, and likenesses worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented in any and all marketing and promotional materials and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. Each winner’s name may be included in a publicly available winners list.
6. RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release and waive any and all claims of liability against Powell Broadcasting and each of their respective employees and agents
(collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against from any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Sweepstakes, or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto.. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities’ sole control. Upon awarding the prize, Powell Broadcasting will have no further obligation to winner.
7. TAXES. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported to the IRS as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor in a calendar year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of those prizes to the IRS.
8. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS. All decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final.
Powell Broadcasting is conducting the Sweepstakes concurrently on several participating stations listed in section 4.